Pennsylvania, more often known as the State of Independence, is 6th most populated in whole nation.
Besides this name, Pennsylvania has many other names associated with it following the vivid and deep History, Geography and Economy of the state. Some of the other names of Pennsylvania are Keystone State, Oil State, Coal State and Quaker State.
On 2nd December 1787, Pennsylvania became second state to be admitted in US union and since then, it has been involved in numerous historical events that registered the evolution and development of whole country.
Banking, Agriculture and Betting are the three terms, which can state the whole economy of Pennsylvania.
What is status of health in Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Board of Nursing?
Department of Health was established in 1905 and has taken care of various health issues in the state.
It supervises various sub divisions and has helped a lot in development & betterment of health services in state.
Pennsylvania Board of Nursing is more commonly known as Bureau of professional and occupational affairs.
The Bureau works under guidelines of Department of Health in Pennsylvania and has various sub divisions such as licensing, examination and PHMP, which help in proper execution of board operations and programs.
Pennsylvania Board of Nursing reviews the various nursing programs and training schools in Pennsylvania State.
From enforcement of nursing laws to acting against violation of nursing laws, PBN is involved and responsible for all the decisions and actions taken by any board officials.
Which are the various boards besides Pennsylvania Board of Nursing?
PNB has various other boards and commissions associated with it to ensure proper standardization of various nursing professionals in state.
All the boards including the PNB have to follow the general assembly laws for nursing.
Here is a list of various boards associated with PNB:
- State Board of Chiropractic
- State Board of Dentistry
- State Board of Medicine
- State Board of Massage Therapy
- State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- State Board of Optometry
- State Board of Psychology
- State Board of Vetenary Medicine and many more.
Who elects the Board Members and what is selection process?
The Board Members are elected by Governor in association with State Legislative Assembly and Senates of the State.
The aspirants are required to submit an application form at Governor’s office.
All the applications are thoroughly researched and most deserving candidates are appointed as board members.
Here is a list of current Board members:
- Ames, Robert E. (Public Member) 6/10/14 – 6/10/20 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Coughlin, Ann Michele, RN, MSN, MBA (Vice Chairperson) 4/19/17 – 4/19/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Hendricks, BSBH, RN, LPN, Suzanne M. 11/18/13 – 11/18/19 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Hertzler, LPN, Sue E. 10/14/14 – 10/14/20 USQ for Six Months1st Term
- Kerns, Esquire, Linda A. (Public Member) 10/15/12 – 10/15/18 USQ for Six Months1st Term
- Kieselhorst, RD LDN, Kessey 3/14/16 – 3/14/22 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Kmetz, PhD, RN, Linda L. (Chairperson) 5/13/13 – 5/13/19 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Luchs, RN, Sherri 3/14/16 – 3/14/22 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Malady, BSN, RN, Kristin 4/19/17 – 4/19/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- O’Donnell, DrPH, John M. 5/22/17 – 5/22/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Owen, Esquire, Jason R. (Public Member) 3/17/14 – 9/24/19 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Vincent, CRNP, Bridget E. 5/22/17 – 5/22/23 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
Important Names, Links and Statistics Relevant to PBN:
Name: PENNSYLVANIA BOARD OF NURSING
Address: P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649
Board Members: 13 members
Contact Number: 717-783-7142 (Phone) 717-783-0822 (FAX)